Alder Constructions were contracted for the construction of the external civil works packages, which included the car parking areas, landscaping, road works, tennis courts and associated infrastructure and services for the new Carrara Gardens Driving Range and Tennis Facility.
The development is located in a prime position being in close proximity to Metricon Stadium and multiple other sporting facilities being constructed for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Some of the key components of this project were:
- Over 15,000m3 of earthworks on site including the treatment and handling of acid sulphate soils to the entire site.
- Construction of a 6,200m2 main car park and 2,200m2 secondary car park.
- Upgrade of main roads controlled entry lane and main site entry from Nerang Broadbeach Road.
- Upgrade of Gold Coast City Council entry lane and secondary site entry from Chisolm Road.
- Construction of 20 tennis courts (being 8 concrete hard court and 12 clay court).
- Installation of new service infrastructure including water, sewer, sewer rising main, electrical, irrigation and stormwater.
- Construction of a major sediment pond and installation of floating treatment wetland device.
- Construction of buried 600kl storage tank within the submerged watertable.
- Hard and soft landscaping.
- Driving range poles, fencing and lighting on piled foundations.