This project involved the design and construction of a 2.5 megalitre reservoir and construction of trunk main and access road.
The reservoir was required to service the Bonogin and surrounding areas with sufficient water storage and assist in providing suitable water pressure at the existing properties.
Some of the key components of this project were:
- Design and construction of a 2.5 megalitre reservoir. 24m diameter x 10m high
- Site clearing and excavation in blue stone
- Rock anchoring and batter stabilisation, including shotcrete to the batter face
- 980m of trunk main with 760m installed through existing private easements. This required rectification works to landscaping and driveways
- Construction of approximately 220m of access road including
- Trunk main
- Stormwater Drainage
- Construction of the reservoir included approximately 220m3 concrete and 44t of reinforcement. The slab was constructed in 2 pours with a waterproofed construction joint between the main slab and ring beam. The walls were poured in 3 lifts of full perimeter pours, with full external scaffold access.
- Subsoil drainage
- Tank slab made up of an inner slab with external ring beam
- Reservoir walls constructed in 3 full perimeter pours
- Security structure with internal steel stair access to reservoir roof
- Structural steel full enclosed roof with walkway, handrails, access hatches and davit
- Electrical and telemetry works
- Landscaping and fencing