Known as the ‘Pod’, this future-focused centre featuring innovative and immersive design, saw an integrated and collaborative partnership between Alder Constructions, Burling Brown Architects and Coomera Anglican College, delivering a complete sensory learning space.
This one of a kind building features extraordinary shapes, curves and voids, showcasing a 360 degree amphitheater for virtual and augmented reality learning, a circular room surrounded by switchable glass on the suspended level, multiple learning booths, collaborative common spaces and facilities internally.
Some of the key components of this project were:
- A 360 degree amphitheater for virtual and augmented reality learning
- Circular room contained in switchable glass which turns from clear to opaque at the touch of a button
- Curved brickwork with soaring backlit aluminum louvres creating a sense of grandeur
- Concrete cantilevered reading booth windows
- Level 5 plasterboard finishes
- Writeable walls achieved using ‘write on wall’ paint
- Circular bulkheads, balustrades, staircases & slab voids
- Seamless perforated acoustic and architectural plasterboard ceilings
- Futuristic 3D printer cabinetry
- Curved Corian stonework
- Composite feature zinc cladding
- Picture perforated aluminium screens
- Formed concrete under slab storage drawers