Alder Constructions was contracted to undertake the long-awaited refurbishment and upgrade of the Gold Coast Hockey Centre. This project aim was to deliver an all new club house extension and renovation as well as all new hockey fields – ready for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
The project provided our team with significant challenges with regards to the existing hockey pitch ground conditions and the extensive list of client added work. The end result was the creation of a modern, state of the art hockey facility.
Some of the key components of this project were:
- Construction of the all new Gold Coast Hockey Club House.
- Refurbishment & modernisation of the existing Gold Coast Hockey Club House.
- Demolition of the existing Labrador Hockey Centre.
- Demolition of the existing hockey pitches 1 & 2.
- Construction of all new FIH world standard hockey pitches 1 & 2.
- Installation of broadcast quality lighting systems to the new hockey pitches.
- Installation of spectator seating to the viewing areas of the Club House.
- Installation of commercial kitchen and canteen facilities.
- A complete audio-visual system with zoned PA systems, TV & projectors, hockey pitch PA systems, music playback & hearing augmented systems.
- Security CCTV and access card systems.
- The creation of the formal dining area which includes a full-service bar & bistro.
- All new lift services.
- All new entry road, car parking areas & landscape themes.