Alder Constructions’ partnership with Burling Brown Architects saw the delivery of another successful education project for The Southport School – Preparatory Campus.
The Prep School Multi-Purpose Hall, was one of the most progressive facilities for learning and teaching that TSS Prep had undertaken and providing their staff opportunities to remain at the cutting edge of education for boys.
The new space enables TSS Prep to deliver better academic services, cultural programs and performances, provide first class indoor sporting facility to accommodated training, competition games and an enhanced physical education.
Some of the key components of this project were:
- Architectural feature timber truss to front entrance
- Exposed face brick work to external with a mixture of external cladding
- Feature concrete sunhoods around windows to entrance
- External herringbone paving with feature banding with a mix of coloured concrete
- Feature timber ceilings and lighting and wall panelling
- Acoustic and thermally treated building with perforated feature ceilings to foyer
- Timber sports floor
- Electronically controlled sports equipment integrated with ceiling
- Internal exposed face brick work feature walls
- Performance stage with AV system and dropdown projector screens
- Class rooms integrated with the sports facility and grand stand with seating
- Limited use kitchen space
- Glass balustrading to foyer area
- Salto door hardware
- High quality finishes bathroom fit out
- Disabled platform lifts